February's here and Spring is around the corner! It's a perfect time to take up that fun and affordable new hobby. We have the perfect one to brighten your days – making sushi!
If you haven't tried this before, we're sure you'll find it an engaging and satisfying pastime, and you have a delicious treat as a reward for all your efforts!
First off, it's handy to have a bamboo sushi roller to make it a bit easier. If not, don’t worry you can use tin foil instead. Now let’s make it:
- Rinse the rice in a strainer. Bring rice to a boil over high heat, for 18-20 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix the rice vinegar, sugar, and salt in a small bowl.
- Once the rice is cooked, remove it and leave for 10 minutes. This allows the rice to steam and become fluffy.
- Transfer the rice to the large mixing bowl and add the vinegar mixture and combine.
- Lay a sheet of nori (dried seaweed) on the bamboo sushi mat. Spread a thin layer of sushi rice over the nori.
- Place your desired filling ingredients in a line down the centre of the rice.
- Use the bamboo sushi mat or your hands to gently roll the sushi into a tight cylinder.
- Cut the sushi roll into bite-sized pieces.
- Serve the sushi with soy sauce, wasabi, pickled ginger and even a Chu Lo on the side. Enjoy!
To enjoy with a Chu Lo, visit www.chu-lo.com/collections/crate